Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sensor Cleaning with DSLR

There are two types of cleaning the sensor of your DSLR Camera: Dry type and the Wet type.

Dry cleaning is kinda new for me. I've known wet type back in 1998 when I had my first Nikon D70. Traveled anywhere with some borrowed lenses and don't know that the dust would get inside and stick to the sensor. My travel photos were great (of course for me, but not all, maybe 1 in every 20 shots he he) and that was the time I found out that all pictures that has skies in it has many dots then i found out that it was the dusts in my sensor.

After reading so much websites on cleaning the sensor, I finally made my choice to do-it-myself, since I am more of a DIY person, bought the tools to use and successfully cleaned my Nikon D70 sensor.

And this time, after another outdoor shots, I saw some dusts in my camera sensor, I want to get rid of it, but this time my Eclipse solution was evaporated, it was almost 4-5 years keeping them in the closet.  Happened to read some websites about Dry cleaning, using the SensorKlear Lenspen  and with a SensorKlear Loupe available at Digital Walker Zoom. I am still hesitant to get these and opted for the wet type. My cousin bought me a tube of Eclipse (Thanks!) from Avenue Photo


Two Eclipse solution, the other one is empty due to being dumb, didn't close it using the sealed cap.

Before cleaning

First Pass
Second Pass

I'm satisfied with the result after the second pass, so i'm now good! Gotta redo my desktop computer.



No comments:

Post a Comment